Time for my very LONG and very overdue post on the past holidays.
Following the AASCF States on Saturday, for which we came in 2nd, there was a Fix staff dinner the next day in Toorak. Vivian is an awesome managers, miss him already! :'( There were 2 picnics as well, one with the Palmies at Princess Park on Wednesday (thanks Yeni!) and the other, which I organized, at Albert park on Friday. The Princess Park one was great, the weather was perfect, soaked up some much-needed vitamin D, watched the others play soccer and such.
We went to South Melbourne beach again that Thursday and it was SO MUCH BETTER this time. On Friday, after Albert Park, there was Pash Bunny!! We didn't enjoy it much because it was super packed and the girls were either really drunk, really bitchy, or both. The Joint Bar, on the other hand, is quite a different experience. There are more locals, the drinks are cheaper (though it doesn't matter to me, heh!), and the music is fun-er.
10fifteen was on Saturday and as much as I enjoy going to church and watching Val perform, Planetshakers really is too loud for me. Maybe I'm getting old. Ha. Anyway, because I felt horrible for persuading Joy to go for Pash the previous night, I organised a Laser Skirmish trip to Crown and it was AWESOME! Had a great time at the arcade too - it's been AGES since I last went - so much so that Hanyi, Sigmund, Nikko and I returned the next night.
Met up with Adrian on Tuesday and caught up over lunch. It still doesn't fail to amaze me that we have kept in contact over these past years. NINE years! :D Joy, Hanyi and I (Palmy clubbing trio! <3) went for House Bunny later that evening. It was silly, like slap-stick-humor funny. But still good for a girls' night out nonetheless. The Duchess, on the other hand, is... er, a story for another time.
UniGames was on Wednesday night. There was a cheer competition between 4 teams but I only managed to find videos for 2:
RMIT Redbacks
MacQuarie University
There's a spat going on somewhere, but I'll just leave it to you to judge who you think is better, shall I? Click here for an amusing read (don't forget to check the comments).
Clement, Hanyi, Joy and I headed to Great Ocean Road on Friday!! It was a FANTASTIC road trip! (Ignoring the fact that we were totally panicking when we thought we were lost on the way back.) Go to Facebook for pictures!
All in all, it was a term break that passed much more quickly and was definitely more enjoyable than the others. :D Can't wait for uni next year!! 8:17 PM